INFORMATION FOR THE STUDENTS OF GSU ON THE CONDUCTION OF SUMMER EXAM SESSION IN A DISTANT WAY
A.Ghukasyan, the rector of Goris State University, on 20.05.2020 signed an order on preparing and conducting summer exam session (second semester) in a distant way for bachelor’s and master’s degree programs of the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Until May 25, the deans of the faculties and the heads of the chairs will organize discussions at the Faculty Boards and chair’s meetings on the proper implementation of the preparation activities of a summer exam session in the relevant courses of the bachelor’s and master’s degree programs taking into account all the risks, conditioned by the situation.
- The training courses for the 2019-2020 academic year, which have continued in an online format by the rector’s order (27 March 2020, No.61), will end on May 29.
- Marginal attestations of non-exam (credit test) subjects will be carried out online from 06.2020 to 06.06.2020using modern information and communication technologies and the final evaluation bulletins will be completed on a common platform via Google Drive, Google docs, Google sheets online tools created by the Information Technology and Software Laboratory of GSU (responsible person A. Ordyan).
- The summer exam session of the 2019-2020 academic year will be organized from 06.2020-26.06.2020using modern information and communication technologies and the final evaluation bulletins will be completed on a common platform via Google Drive, Google docs, Google sheets online tools created by the Information Technology and Software Laboratory of GSU (responsible person A. Ordyan).
- The deans of GSU will form the schedule of the summer exam session (without time limit) and will submit for approval the electronic versions to the Vice-rector.
- The commission examination will be conducted by forming commissions defined by the procedure upon need.
- The second current tests defined by the schedule have been canceled providing that time for the conduction of online discussions, consultations, and individual reports.
- In the second semester of the 2019-2020 academic year the assessment of students’ knowledge will be carried out according to the following transitional (temporary) criteria:
- Attendance (online participation) – 10 points
- Individual report – 15 points
- Practical, Laboratory courses – 25 points
- Final survey – 50 points
|Grade||Credit rating system/ for the second semester of the 2019-2020 academic year||Point||Rating point|
- In the 3rd year of pedagogical specialties the absence of 6-week pedagogical internship credit, planned for the second semester of the 2019-2020 academic year and not implemented due to the situation, won’t be considered as an academic debt, and students’ grade point average will be formed without an internship.
- In the 1st semester of the 2020-2021 academic year, a part of a 6-week pedagogical internship for the 4th year students of pedagogical specialties will be led by the lecturers, who had to lead in the 2nd semester of the 2019-2020 academic year. That part of the internship be evaluated as a test, and the rest part of the program will be led by the lecturers whose individual workloads will include those hours for the 2020-2021 academic year. The summary of that part of the internship will already be with a summative grade.
- In the 2nd semester of the 2019-2020 academic year, the passive pedagogical internship interrupted due to epidemic will be summed up by one-week results.
- 09.2020- 18.09.2020 has been set as the academic debts redemptionperiod for the exam session of the 2019-2020 academic year
- The responsibility for the quality assurance of the above-mentioned online processes lies on the Department of Education Quality Assurance and Student Career Support of GSU.
- In the above processes the recognizance of online tools’ provision lies on A. Ordyan, the responsible person for Information Technology and Software Laboratory (ITSL) of GSU, and A. Faramazyan, specialist of the ITSL of GSU.
- Overall control over the execution of the order lies on Vice-rector T. Marutyan.
Division of PR and Media